HackCon is a bi-annual event put on by MLH. In 2014 it was attended by about 80 college hackathon organizers, and in 2015 about 200 attended. Every time, we spend 2 days talking best practices of organizing and funding, and how to make hackathons accessible for more people.
There is a library of these videos on Youtube and Livestream from MLH. Here are the highlights:
- Securing awesome judges for your hackathon
- A brief history of hackathons
- How PennApps and HackMIT fundraise
- BitCamp on hackathon branding
- Discussion about the pros/cons of different hackathon judging formats